Canopy Breeze FAQs
How long will Canopy Breeze run on a full charge?
Typical run time is 6 hours
Will Canopy Breeze run on A/C power if an outlet is available?
Yes. With the charger inserted into the charging port, plug it into an outlet and the fan will run indefinitely on A/C power. We do not recommend this as a permanent installation however. Please leave Canopy Breeze unplugged if not using it or charging.
How long does it take to recharge Canopy Breeze?
About 3 hours with 25% battery life and 5 hours when the battery is completely drained.
Are there extra battery packs for the fan?
No. The battery is built into the fan and cannot be removed without taking the fan apart.
Can I use Canopy Breeze at the beach?
Our experience has shown that the ocean breeze at the beach is stronger than what the fan can produce. However, it’s a great way to circulate air when you are spending time away from the beach, say at a swimming pool or patio.
Is Canopy Breeze waterproof?
Although moisture resistant, this product is not waterproof. Never use Canopy Breeze when rain, heavy winds or lightning is expected.
Is there a wind speed that would render Canopy Breeze ineffective?
If sustained winds are expected to be 10 m.p.h. or greater, then breeze from the fan will be highly ineffective.
Does the fan come in different colors?
Yes! Canopy Breeze is available in a white motor assembly with gray blades and numerous team colors.
It is very difficult to remove the fan blades when putting the fan away. Is this normal?
The fan blades on Canopy Breeze are designed for a snug fit to prevent them from coming loose during use. To remove them, grab the motor assembly firmly and wiggle the blade slightly from side to side while pulling. This may take some force when the fan is new. The blade is made from non-breakable plastic, so bending it will not damage it. The blades will become easier to remove over time.
Can I'm only operating the fan with AC power, can I leave it plugged in permanently?
No. Leaving the fan plugged in permanently may damage its circuitry and shorten its lifespan. Always unplug Canopy Breeze when fully charged or not in use.
10' and 12' canopy frames with a perpendicular roof frame, sold at most sporting, home improvement and discount stores.
Push-up (also known as "One Push" or 'Quick Lift" frames. Frames where a single user can raise the canopy by pushing up a handle in the center of the frame.
Center pole, or Cross-Truss frames where the roof fabric is raised via a single center pole which is supported by trusses at the top of the frame legs.
Offset frames, where the four roof joists at the frame apex are offset and not perpendicular.
Canopy Breeze® Installation Video
Canopy Breeze Installation Video
Canopy Breeze® comes with a hoop on top of it which allows for mounting on a hook.
- Hook should be a #12 size or thicker and able to support at least 10 lbs.
- If hanging from a ceiling or gazebo, the hook must be completely threaded into the wooden frame or stud under drywall. DO NOT use hooks that are only mounted in drywall, even if using a drywall anchor.
- Make sure hook is completely threaded into wood frame as the torque from the fan can unscrew the hook and cause it fall.
- Allow a minimum of 7.5' of clearance from the fan blades to the ground.
- Canopy Breeze will run indefinitely when connected to AC power.
- Canopy Breeze is not intended for permanent installation outdoors. Always store in its case when not in use.
- Permanent connection of the charger to an outlet will shorten its lifespan and void the warranty. Always unplug Canopy Breeze when fully charged or not in use.
The powerful lithium-ion battery included with your fan is by far its most expensive component. Maximize the life of your battery with these handy tips:
- Try to avoid “deep discharge” by not letting the battery drain completely.
- It’s best to store the fan in an environment of 80°F or cooler. Try not to leave in the fan in a hot car for an extended period of time.
- Once the charger illuminates green, unplug it. The battery will discharge approximately 5% over the next several days, and you can “top it off” the day before its next use.
- When storing the fan for long periods of time, only charge the battery to 30-50%. Try to avoid storing the battery at 100% charge for an extended period as this will shorten battery life.
- When using the fan regularly, it is OK to run it for a short period of time, then recharge the battery back to full. Lithium-ion batteries do not have “battery memory,” so partial discharge/recharge will not harm them.
- Do not leave the fan connected to the charger on a permanent basis as this will shorten the life of the battery and the electrical components inside the fan. Always unplug Canopy Breeze when not in use or recharging the battery.
One Year Limited Warranty
Canopy Breeze is manufactured to extremely high quality standards and goes through several rounds of inspection before it reaches our warehouse. But, sometime things happen! We want you to know that we stand behind our product and will take whatever steps necessary to make things right.
Meko Outdoors, Inc warranties this product to be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of one (1) year following the date of purchase, provided the product is used in a non-commercial manner. This limited warranty does not cover failures as a result of abuse, droppage, or using this product in a manner contrary to its intent. Damage caused by collapsed/toppled canopies as a result of wind or other acts of nature are excluded from this warranty. For warranty inquiries or claims, please email email@example.com, or complete our warranty claim form by clicking here.